What is the CAD and What Would I Be Joining?
Our mandate is to review educational programs using a defined set of program requirements and site visits; each site visit is made following the submission and review of a detailed report by the program on stated requirements. This committee ensures a high and uniform national standard of education for graduates of all Canadian Denturist/Denturologiste Programs.
If you chose to be a member of the CAD you are joining a partnership of licensed Denturists, Educators and Regulators who have embraced the definition of accreditation, which is a collegial process of self-study and external peer review for quality assurance, accountability and improvement of an academic institution or program.
Criteria for CAD Director
- is a licensed or registered denturist/denturologiste in the applicable relevant jurisdiction where the person engages in clinical practice;
- is engaged in clinical practice in denturism at the time of election/appointment and maintains the said practice during the person’s term of office;
- has at least five (5) years of clinical practice in denturism;
- is not a director or officer of a Member of the Corporation;
- has an academic degree and/or a diploma in denturism; and
- has the support in writing from the provincial/territorial regulatory body of which the person is licensed or registered to practice denturism for the person to be a Director of the Corporation;
Requirements as CAD Member
- Attend CAD Annual Meetings and conference calls throughout year
- Correspond between formal meetings to resolve issues that require immediate attention
- Attend Site Visits to Educational Institutions (if selected), prior review of documentation that has been provided by the school and participate in the preparation of an accreditation site visit report
- Be available for collaborative discussions at the call of the Chair
- Provide support to the CAD Chair as requested
This is a TEAM effort with an ultimate goal of “BETTERING OUR PROFESSION”,
COME JOIN US!!!
Yours in Denturism,
Nathan J. Hoffer, DD
Disclaimer: All documents on this website are currently under review. If you are interested in obtaining copies, please contact our office directly.